- Nuts & Bolts
- Getting Started
- Contact Us
- Our Blog
Register and Get Started!
Welcome to Animation Apprentice! Once you have decided to study with us (an excellent choice!), here are some vital steps you need to take in order to get started:
- First make sure you understand how our course works. Start by reading our Frequently Asked Questions here, and also see how Pricing and Payment works, here. Happy with everything? Great! Now go to step 2!
- Complete our Registration Form (your name and address etc) and email it to us at [email protected]
- Complete our NDA (that's the legal stuff) and email it to the same address.
- Download a copy of Maya from the Autodesk website. You will need to register with them first. Animation Apprentice is registered with Autodesk as an approved school.
- Make sure you have a broadband connection capable of uploading and downloading large files. Our Technical Videos and Tutorials are very hi-rez and can be up to 250MB in size.
- Get yourself a comfortable work station. We recommend running Maya on a PC, and in a perfect world you should have two screens side-by-side. On one screen you watch the tutorials, on other you do your work. We also recommend using a tablet rather than a mouse.
- Find us on Facebook! Here is our main Facebook page, and we will also need to add you to our online classroom (it is a closed group) where you can post your latest tests, and also ask questions and share problems.
- Watch the Week 1 Theory Videos.
- Take a look at our Reading List
- Tell us when you would like to begin
- Finally, ask us to set you up with a User Name and Password so you can get access to the whole site. To do this you will need to need to let us know what kind of payment plan suits you best.